Welcome to Point of Impact, an AU-LOST roleplay. We're open to fans and strangers of LOST alike, as no knowledge of the show is needed for roleplay here! Please register with your character's first and last name (you may include a middle name, as well). We allow "canon roles" as well as canons, meaning that the roles the characters fulfilled in the television show may be taken by original characters, or you may use the canons from the show itself. If you have any questions, ask us in the cbox!
To get started with us, check out a few of these links:
THE CRASH event has now started! Click
to take part!
Profile, Thread Tracker
131 posts made
"Not my chair not my problem, that's what I say."
R U L E S
- WELCOME to Point of Impact. We're an island-crash roleplay based on the television show "LOST." Our first order of business is to THANK YOU for considering joining us - we always love to see new faces! With that said, we strive to create a tightly-knit community that bases itself from the members' desires. You are always highly encouraged to give any input you like, as this is a collaborative effort.
- This roleplay will be mostly AU (alternate universe) "LOST," as we hope to keep most of our plots as original as possible. However, we're open to strangers to the series-- just look at it as an island-crash roleplay with some sci-fi influences if you've never seen the series! We love fresh and original plot ideas, so please, let us know if you have any.
- Canon "roles" are available, meaning that the role a character fulfilled in the show (such as the doctor or the tech-saavy guy) is available to be filled either by an original character or the canon character from the show itself. Please try to limit yourself to two canon roles or characters.
- Please register with your character's first and last name, though you may include a middle name if you like. You are also allowed to have as many characters as you want; we only ask that you please fill out a complete profile for each character before creating an account for the next. Once you finish your character's profile, please post it in the Character Application forum, located here. A member of staff will look over it within 24 hours, and if there are any errors with it, they will let you know via PM. After acceptance, you may begin roleplay!
- There is no word count! One liners are fine! We simply ask that you try your best to match the word count of the person above you, though there are certain exceptions we're quite aware of. Your aim here should be to have fun!
- This board is rated M. Cursing is allowed in-character, as is violence, but please keep the gory stuff to a minimum. If you feel the need to roleplay a sex scene, fade to black and continue via private forum. PM an admin for the link and password.
- Absolutely no godmoding or powerplaying! You only control the actions of your character, and your RP partner only controls the actions of his/her character. If, by some chance, you have already previously arranged some small "godmoding," such as someone's character following yours in order to save time and unnecessary posting, that is allowed - with the consent of the other player fully. Otherwise, it is not tolerated.
- Also, no metagaming. Metagaming is when out-of-character information becomes in-character information. Just because you know that the tail section of the plane survived doesn't mean your character does! Your characters are exploring this island for the first time, and as such, will only find out things as time passes.
- In character interactions are not the same as out of character interactions. Remember this! Characters are always very different from their players.
- Your characters may have a few forms of technology with them, but remember that batteries don't last forever! Cell phones don't work around the island, as well as any other easy way out. Convenience simply doesn't exist!
- You must put a timestamp at the beginning of each new in-character topic you create. This is mostly to provide a little organization, so that you character isn't accidentally in two places at once. Check the sidebar under NEWS for the code.
Out of Character
- While we don't require you to participate in OOC activity, it is certainly encouraged. Again, we strive to create a tightly-knit community, which can only be done if you are willing to get to know us, as well!
- Please, no cliques! Having a circle of friends is absolutely wonderful, as is plotting, but always remember to include any new members! We don't want to see open topics going unanswered while our active members only RP with a set of two or three people. Be considerate!
- No out of character fighting. Disagreement is fine, but if it reaches the point of being offended, the fight will be broken up. Agree to disagree, please.
- Maximum size 150x200 avatars, please, and make sure your signatures do not stretch the page. If this is not followed, we will set a limitation on the size, but for now, we'll trust you. Also, we don't care about gifs as avatars or signatures-- if you want to use them, go crazy.
- Nothing offensive OOC! This should be self-explanatory. No comments that could be taken derogatory by any group of people! Your graphics should reflect this as well - no nudity, gore, or otherwise any offensive pictures in avatars, signatures, etc.
- If you have a problem, address a member of staff with it. Don't bring it to the out of character forums or cbox and start a riot, regardless of how fun that may sound. Please be respectful!
- We have no activity checks. If your character is out of commission for more than one month, his or her profile will be moved to the archives for safekeeping, and your account will be moved to a usergroup entitled "inactive" after two months. If you'd like your character and account moved back to the appropriate place, simply PM an admin! We understand activity (or lack thereof!) and we aren't offended if you aren't able to stay around as often as you'd like. With that said - if you know you're going to leave, please post in the general discussion about it!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)